This solution does not require any additional implementation except a one-time simple installation consisting of just 4 easy steps to follow:
- Login to your online back office. Accessing your back office is simple; all you need is a username and password. You can get your username by confirming your account number and PIN. If you don’t own a TEL3 account you have to signup first.
- Click on the "Download Smartplug Software" section on the left navigation bar under the "Account Settings" section.
- Once you have selected the brand and phone you will be using, just enter your cell phone number (if it hasn't been entered before).
- Our system will send a text message to your cell phone containing a link from which to download the application. Click the link within the text message to begin downloading the application via mobile internet, GPRS or WAP.
- Once the free SmartPhone software download is complete, it is ready to be installed. Your phone’s system will prompt you to begin the installation. Once the installation is complete your phone’s system will notify you of its completion and you should see the TEL3 logo added to your applications.
Note: Most SmartPhones require a "Soft Reset" after installation or after making changes to the preferences. Read more.
Once installed, all you have to do is either dial the long distance number directly on your cell phone or select a number from your phone’s directory just like you would for any call. As your cell phone functions, the SmartPlug cell phone software constantly operates in the background. Once it recognizes that international calling is in place, it redirects the call to TEL3.
The result: Significantly cheaper international calling, without cumbersome calling codes, access numbers and PIN codes.